Looking for something new to do on Friday night? Head over to the Singapore Chinese Culture Centre (SCCC) to check out the best of Singapore’s local talent at the TGIF Music Station. Started by the SCCC earlier this year, the TGIF Music Station showcases artists from different musical genres every first and third Friday of the month.
For November and December’s shows, visitors can look forward to performances from some of Singapore’s most prolific stars, such as:
- Olinda Cho, who represented Singapore in the second season of Sing! China
- Benjamin Kheng, part of popular local pop outfit The Sam Willows
- Local singer-songwriter Kenny Khoo, who has been topping the Billboard charts in Taiwan
- Derrick Hoh, second runner-up in the nationwide talent competition, Project SuperStar, who has since gone on to release nine singles and two albums.
TGIF Music Station will also include Singapore’s up-and-coming stars, including:
- Chriz Tong, who is widely known as the “Queen of Theme Songs” for her work in television dramas
- Lorraine Tan founder of music movement “My Singapore Project”
- a Capella group The Apex Project, who is known for their pop and jazz repertoire with a theatrical twist
- and four-piece alternative pop band The Façade
And if you’re in the area in the afternoon, head over during your lunch break and catch TGIF Music Station’s Lunchtime Pop-Up Show, which will feature:
- Cheryl Fong, who’s known for her bossa nova and jazzy sound;
- Getai singer Sherraine Law;
- Acoustic musician Zerlene;
- Jarrel Huang, who finished ninth place on the eighth season of Taiwanese talent show Million Star when he was 11 years old
For more information, please visit www.singaporeccc.org.sg.