Why Your Friends Are More Important To Your Than Your Partners
If your friends are as crazy as you and love you despite your wackiness, perhaps its time to stop asking -- is friendship more important than relationship
“We made a deal ages ago… men, babies, it doesn’t matter. We’re soulmates,” said Samantha, Kim Cattrall's famous character from Sex And The City. She fearlessly put to rest a never-ending debate amongst women — is friendship more important than relationship?
Truth be told, she maybe right, to some extent.
Your friends know everything about you. From your nature, to your temperament and to how you'd react when in different situations.
But your partners may have only seen what you want them to see. There might still be many things they don't know about you. And if it doesn't work out, you always have your friends to fall back on.
This, and many other reasons make friendships more important than your relationships. So let's take a look at them.
Is Friendship More Important Than Relationship?
1. Your best friend will always love you, no matter what. Your girlfriend will always fight for what's best for you, even if it means coming across as a villain. She will protect you until the end of time.
2. Your best friend will always want what's best for you, and not necessarily what's best for your relationship. Your partner may also want the best for you, but they will be a tad bit more biased than your best friend.
3. You don't have to doll up for your friend, no matter what occasion. You can practically look like a troll under a bridge and they won't mind. But that may not be the case with your partner.
4. You don't have to pretend to like your best friend's friends. Something that you may be doing in your relationship. With your girl, you are free to hate the same people!
5. If somebody hurt you, you can expect the same reaction from your friend as you'd give yourself. Well, at least a majority of the time.
6. They know all your embarrassing stories and continue to like you. In fact, they may even use those stories to make fun of you, but they always mean well.
7. They will always come clean to you, even if it means telling you how horrible you look in those clothes. But worry not, they'll also advice you what looks best on you (and sometimes with you-- wink, wink).
8. You exchange so many clothes that your wardrobe is basically theirs and vice versa. No matter if you took your friend's gym shirt or she took your skirt because that colour looks amazing on her, you both love sharing clothes.
9. You don't have to be in contact 24x7 to tell your friend how much you love them. Even after you speak to each other after months, the love and care is still just the same.
10. Their shoulder is always available to cry on, no matter the time or distance. You can always count on your best friend to give you the right advice and a shoulder when you need to vent your sorrows and frustrations.
They'll be there for you!